An Adventure with a sheep...

...and March in the Woods  (14th March 2014)

Ewe lookin' at me?
There was a heavily pregnant (with twins) ewe in our lane. She shouldn't have been in the lane, she should have been in her field.

Bit of a job getting her back - Adam, Kathy, me and the farmer, because said ewe preferred to be in the lane.

We convinced her eventually that she really would be better off with her companions!

Hey ho - life is full of fun here in Devon!" (Ha! Didn't get this sort of thing in London!)

***
and here are a couple of photos from my walk in the woods on Thursday (13th March)












Ron's pointing at an orchid that is starting to elbow its waythrough the primroses

Top Field Gate

This is the outside of my West Windo in my study - note the primroses!

and back home for a cuppa!


8 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:29 pm

    I am not jealous - horrid word - but my envy is 100% all there! Pleased for you though Helen. You so clearly enjoy your new lifestyle and that is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shall we say shared appreciation? :-)

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures, thank you.
    The view from the Top Field Gate looks idyllic.
    A beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful Sandra - and idyllic!

      Delete
  3. A dream come true! Lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most certainly - although I still feel like I'm dreaming & one day I'll wake up back in Walthamstow, London :-/

      Delete
  4. Just one sheep to return to the field? You were lucky! Lovely wedding photos, but then a lovely bride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we've had a whole flock down the lane before & three lost lambs.... this particular lady was determined to make a break for freedom though!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment your interest is very much appreciated! It will be published as soon as possible - depending on whether I am at my computer or walking up the lane, or being chased by the goose or helping mend fences after the pony has broken through YET AGAIN.... :-)
Helen