O is For...


...On The Shelf

I took part in the 2015
A-Z April Blog Challenge 




I thought we could take a quick look at my bookshelves:

These two shelves are built into the wall
of what was, in the 18th century
the Parlour

close up:
up top books about Devon and the countryside
down below our lottery  Champagne wins!

bit out of focus sorry -
I'm too lazy to go back & take the photos again!



Now to my study....

My books and reference books:
very top shelf CD's
Left: my novels Right: horses in history side saddle
L: women in history 18th Century - R: pirates
L:  King Arthur - R ships and shipping
L: Roman Britain - R Jacobites, 17th Century & History of London


 above the CD's.... between the speakers
all the BIG books
Left side ships and shipping Right side History

these are all the nautical novels
mostly Parick O'Brian and James L Nelson


nearer the camera Anglo Saxon England, Normans, Vikings, 1066


Far end... Behind my chair... dictionaries, Devon reference 
(note how worn the dictionary is - I have to keep an elastic band round it.
Really must get a new copy!






 I have novels upstairs in my bedroom and the spare room 
and a few boxes in the attic of more reference books


Now for some unusual bookshelves
(not mine - I Googled for them)






You might want to shut your eyes for these next two:

CENSORED !
NAKED BOOKSHELVES


LOL

AND FINALLY
sit back and enjoy my all-time most favourite 
You Tube Video



The Joy of Books




!

My Website: www.helenhollick.net

If you have read a book and enjoyed it please leave a comment on Amazon (UK, US & Canada) Four or five star comments can help an author by boosting the Amazon Ranking List
I especially need more comments for my books please! Thank you


Blog: www.ofhistoryandkings.blogspot.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/HelenHollickAuthor
Twitter: @HelenHollick





Want to catch up on my other A-Z posts
that you might have missed...
Go to the top of the left-hand side bar for a full list

Thank you for following!
                                      


8 comments:

  1. Your books are so...organized! I try, really I do, but whenever I'm looking for a book I have to root around quite a bit. Love the naked bookshelves! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not really organized - it just looks that way! If I had them I'm not sure where I'd put the naked shelves LOL

      Delete
  2. I love those built-in shelves in your wall! Your 'traditional' bookshelves are way neater than mine (I need more to spread my ever expanding collection onto) but I can almost always lay my hand on the book I want without too much difficulty.

    Naked bookshelves were ... be still my heart! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I treated myself to matching bookshelves in my study as the room is new built (it could be a conservatory in future years) I was going to make do with old stuff, but decided against - pleased I made that choice now

      Delete
  3. I love seeing other people's bookshelves. Mine are much messier and would need a good tidying-up to have their photos taken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well I tidied up for the photos - and fortunately you can't see the dust! LOL

      Delete
  4. I've got you beat insofar as books on shelves. My poor husband had to literally build me a new office where I have over a thousand books! ;-) But I love your indented shelves....very nice! I enjoy learning new ways to put books somewhere, haha ;-) Even better? With those built in shelves? You won't see the dust collecting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot more books in boxes and I've given a lot to the local library as my sight isn't so good now and I can't read books with small print. As for dust.... what's that? (poor sight can be VERY useful! LOL)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment your interest is very much appreciated! It will be published as soon as possible - depending on whether I am at my computer or walking up the lane, or being chased by the goose or helping mend fences after the pony has broken through YET AGAIN.... :-)
Helen