A-Z REFLECTIONS


Well, I did it I'm a....



So what are my thoughts?


I decided to have a central theme (my home in Devon) but to have very different posts each day - from K for Chimney Kings  to Y for Yellow

About a week into the challenge I started wondering "Why are you doing this?" It all took so much time - and as I explained in T for TimeyWimey Stuff time is something I'm short of. (It's OK for the Doctor he can hop about through time - I only have the bog-standard 24 hours in which to get everything done.)

But then I got into my stride and used scheduling to the best advantage - I wrote selveral posts, scheduled them for 2.30 a.m to catch the Australian or late Californian 'market' and started enjoying myself!

I notice the first few posts grabbed the most attention, along with the extra specials : M for Moorland Mousie (about Exmoor ponies and I sneaked Poldark in....) was the highest attraction (hmm was that for the Pony or Poldark?)


...Poldark - Pony :)

spot the likeness.....

G for ghosts went well
P for Puppy was one of the most popular


and C for Cider With Rosie (and Cats) caught a lot of visitor's interest



  • I had 5752 pageviews and hopefully I've collected a few new regular visitors.
  • Most visitors came via Facebook (very few through Twitter)
  • My regret was that I didn't have much spare time to visit many other Blog Challenger's posts. I set out to visit 100 a day - soon gave up.
  • However, if bloggers have used direct links (as I have) I now have all year to drop in and out of new blogs and new adventures.
  • I hope new visitors do so with my blog as well!
  • Will I do it again
  • YES!

But I think I'll prepare earlier and keep the diversity - visitors seemed to enjoy the different articles, something new each day.

Next year's theme?

 I might have fun with Pirates!



If you would like to follow my challenge
 you can start 
here with A for....



for more A-Z Blooger's Reflections click HERE 

6 comments:

  1. I am really impressed with all the effort that made this such a success, Helen. As for all those pageviews, I have only one word: brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apologies for the delay in replying! Thank you - I really appreciate the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on completing the A to Z Challenge! Looking forward to next year! See you on the Road Trip!

    Mary www.JingleJangleJungle.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there.
    Congratulations on completing the challenge! I didn't get to visit your blog during the crazy month of April so I'm popping over today from the Road Trip/Reflections linky. BTW, Being from England, I used to watch the original Poldark. The new Poldark series starts tonight (21st June) here in the US. I've already got my channel timer on to remind me! (lol)

    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - like you I'm still doing some catching up. So many fabulous articles to read!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment your interest is very much appreciated! It will be published as soon as possible - depending on whether I am at my computer or walking up the lane, or being chased by the goose or helping mend fences after the pony has broken through YET AGAIN.... :-)
Helen